Monday, February 21, 2005

Quitting Gracefully: The Art of Resigning

We have all heard about writing good CVs and résumés, but we seldom hear of writing a good resignation letter. Here is a sample letter that we can use to cut and paste when tendering our resignation letter!


RESIGNATION

Dear Sirs

As required under the employment contract, I am giving you [notice period]'s notice of my resignation from the organisation starting from today and expiring on [month date, year].

Having worked for the organisation over the last few [days / weeks / months / years], I have discovered [my current job to be unsuitable for me / I am probably not the best person for the job] [because of / in view of] [reasons for resigning]

I wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of my decision and sincerely thank you for the opportunity given to me.

Yours truly
[name]



EXAMPLES:

Dear Sirs

As required under the employment contract, I am giving you one month period's notice of my resignation from the organisation starting from today and expiring on March 20, 2005.

Having worked for the organisation over the last few days, I have discovered that I am probably not the best person for the job in view of the extensive administration requirements and the lack of information to perform my assigned duties.

I wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of my decision and sincerely thank you for the opportunity given to me.




Yours sincerely
Desiree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sirs

As required under the employment contract, I am giving you fourteen days 's notice of my resignation from the organisation starting from today and expiring on March 2, 2005.

Having worked for the organisation over the last few months, I have discovered my current job to be unsuitable for me because it does not meet the career plan I have in mind.

I wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of my decision and sincerely thank you for the opportunity given to me.


Yours truly
John Doe

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...