Thursday, November 16, 2006

In One Peace

Being always conscious of the limited time we have each day, I constantly live my life in a rush. Speed walking with overstretched legs and zig-zag overtaking are my companions, and I don't seem to know when to slowdown or to stop.

Then God decided it is time for me to learn how to slowdown, for my lungs to rest, because I have been overworking it and leaving it panting and over-exercised.

Within two weeks, I fell with my knees down on the floor two times, because of wet and slippery ground. Now, with bruises and occasional pain, I can no longer walk as before, hopefully temporary, and I am cautious the steps I take, making sure to walk slowly at normal pace. Climbing up and down the stairs have now become my constant reminder, and I don't have a choice, because the paths I take each day requires it.

Here is my afterthought: Constant rush can be hazardous to health. It is sometimes necessary and important to take time to accomplish a task, a goal, or in whatever we do. All of us must learn forebearance and patience, to think through and to be sure before jumping into the unforeseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...