Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lacking Zest

When someone commented on an article I wrote that it is lacking a little zest yesterday, it suddenly dawn on me what I am lacking in my life -- enthusiasm and JOY.

I am too serious for my own good. I take things in life too seriously and I am always finding myself not having enough time for self. Even in my spare time, I am always researching, thinking, and writing while much essential housework is left undone, especially during weekends. My life is no longer as carefree as I was a teen and the stress of life is now taking its toll on me. I am not only needing a break, but also deserving one. No doubt, I am aware it is more blessed to give than to receive, and I have done so almost my entire life, but maybe it is time for me to start receiving.

I'll be going for my autumn vacation this September, and I hope to rediscover the joy of my youth and return rejuvenated with energy and strength bursting forth to take on the years ahead of me, if possible, filled with joy bountiful.

This is my prayer. May God help me fulfill this wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...