Friday, April 1, 2011

Onboard the Bus

No Backpacking OnboardThe back of the shuttle bus was empty but the front was crowded. Stuck at the entrance, I had no choice but to relentlessly push my way to the back saying out loud "excuse me, excuse me."

The culprit was a guy with an oversized backpack probably housing a laptop and other stuff standing half way in the middle of bus at the exit door. A few passengers and I have to stare at him while I continue to say "excuse me" and added "I am going to the back" before the guy took down his bag to let the passengers move to the rear.

As a constant practitioner wishing to encourage and push people to put into practice acts of social etiquette, I sometimes find it really difficult to forbear such inconsiderate acts.

May all of us, especially those carrying backpacks, always remember we are not alone in our own world and pay attention to the needs of others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...