Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Lost and Not Yet Found

Lost But Not Yet Found
Ten years ago, I have the confidence that if I dropped something without knowing, someone behind me who saw it would pick it up and give it back to me or at least inform me I've dropped something. Today, I cannot say the same would happen in this nation-state.

Just yesterday, I unknowingly dropped a fanny pack. After walking more than 50 meters, I realized it was lost and quickly walked back the trail to search. I also went to where I suspect I dropped the fanny pack as I felt then something came loose.

Unfortunately, nothing was found. I've lost my ATM/Debit card, driving licence, Android phone, and a few other items. A police report was filed and I am praying that some kind soul would return the items to a police station.

It was a sad day for me after canceling my debit card and obtaining a replacement SIM card. Till now, I am still hoping that I don't have to do the same for my driving licence and a few other cards.


What do you think? Is it possible there is still some redeeming grace for the people living in this nation to do the right thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...