Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lost Past or Promising Future?

Lost Past or Promising Future?
When I reported to the police about the loss of my smartphone and several credit and rebate cards recently, I was told to check back with the Found and Unclaimed Property Office after a week on the status and follow-up from there. The officer said even if the police post where I reported was to receive the found items from someone, I would not be informed about the status and the items would still be delivered to the Found and Unclaimed Property Office.

Such a practice, to me, is very strange. No wonder the department is known as Found and Unclaimed Property.

After more than a week, I have finally given up the hope of recovering the lost items. The year is brand new, but what I've lost in the year before is more than just the items I reported to the police.

What about you? Have you much to celebrate for the new year with a memorable last year or are you leaving behind some regrets as you look ahead of what's to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...