Friday, July 17, 2009

Difference Between Singapore and Foreign Customer Service

By the time I knew about Moblog's closing down two days ago, it was too late for me to delete or edit anything at my blog. Sadly, I cannot even leave a farewell note to inform my contacts where I will be moving to after Moblog. Bloggers at moblog.com.sg are given up to July 22, 2009 to migrate five years of data via page by page cut and paste to some place else within a few days, and no email was received from Moblog to inform us of its soon closure, except for a notice written at Moblog's home page.

Unlike the way Moblog handles the closure notification, I received an email yesterday from Yahoo! informing me of the upcoming closure of my free web site at Geocities by October 26, 2009 with full instructions on how to migrate my files to some other sites.

That is the difference between Singapore style customer service and those of foreign professionals.

2 comments:

  1. ya, im kinda unhappy that Moblog didn't even bother to inform the Moblog bloggers that they are closing down in advance via email or sms.

    If i did not blog that night and checked out for updates on the home page, i wouldn't have seen the flash banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JuzAGurl ... I agree with you absolutely! Thank you for notifying me about the needed migration via msn. If not for you, I may up till now not be aware of it as I normally only visit my moblog and not moblog's main page!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...